Friday 26 September 2014

Black Woman Beat by California Cop Wins $1.5 Million Settlement

Marlene Pinnock, an African-American woman who was beat by a California cop, has won a $1.5 million lawsuit and the officer will be resigning. Pinnock will receive the money under a settlement reached Wednesday, CBS News reports. 

Marlene Pinnock
"When this incident occurred, I promised that I would look into it and vowed a swift resolution," California Highway Patrol Commissioner Joe Farrow's said in a statement. "Today, we have worked constructively to reach a settlement agreement that is satisfactory to all parties involved."

In July, a 911 call was made to report that Pinnock was walking along the side of a highway. Pinnock was pulled from traffic by Officer Daniel Andrew and she resisted him, a search warrant states. Pinnock said that Andrew pushed her down to the ground.

“He grabbed me, he threw me down, he started beating me, he beat me. I felt like he was trying to kill me, beat me to death,” Pinnock said in an interview with AP in August.

The incident was captured on video by a passerby. Pinnock had been hospitalized for a month due to the head injuries she suffered from the incident.

No comments:

 

ADVERTISE WITH US

AFRICAN FASHION

PLACE YOUR ADS HERE!